Siem Reap Hotels, What to Expect ...
- There are 5 major accommodation clusters in Siem Reap: The Old French Quarter, National Road 6, Wat Bo & Wat Damnak areas, Pub Street, and Taphul Village.
- Most of the hotels in downtown Siem Reap are leisure-focused holiday hotels with a blend of modern comfort and Khmer style.
- Prices vary greatly in different seasons, mostly double up during October and April.
Best 5 Hotels in Siem Reap for Different Tastes
Where to Stay in Siem Reap offers five options for different types of travelers. Being a great choice for first-timers and travelers in general, the Old French Quarter and its nearby areas, including the Pub Street, riverside, and Sok San Road, boasts for a wide range of accommodation targeting various clienteles. Besides that area, family travelers would prefer the quieter Taphul Village.
Somadevi is just a few minutes of walking to the Night Market and Pub Street albeit its location inside a small street makes sure that you will have a good night's sleep. They offer free airport shuttle services. Besides the rooftop swimming pool, their sauna and Jacuzzi are free to enter for in-hotel guests. The Champagne Restaurant brings the finest tastes around the world and the price is lovely, too.
Why It's Good for First-Timers & Travelers in General:
- Close by the Pub Street and Night Market, easy to get all the action in town; driving to the Angkor Wat Complex and the airport only takes 20 minutes.
- Free airport shuttle services (on request and subject to availability - updated on 17/March/2019) .
- 25 rooms and suites, away from big groups ; big rooms and every room has a private balcony and in-room coffee maker, ironing facilities, extra-large bed, and fold-up bed; an extra bed is only USD35 per night.
- If you are staying for over 2 nights, great packages are offered, including room upgrades, free massage, discounts on food and drinks, and etc.
Besides the common international luxury brands and local names such as Shita Mani, La Rivière is another ideal alternative for those who appreciate deluxe living. With all the hustle and bustle of the Old Quarter laying within walking distance, this riverside all-suite resort boasts for priceless tranquil and relaxing atmosphere in downtown Siem Reap. Airport is 15 minutes away by car and free transfer is offered.
Why It's Good for Upmarket Travelers:
- Ideal blend of all action and leisure-time relaxing, its garden setting with a gorgeous swimming pool creates a perfect hideout at the heart of Siem Reap. A place for you to immerse in its Khmer-inspired luxury and comfort.
- Its 14 luxury suites are spacious, tastefully decorated, hardwood furniture, separate terrazzo bathtub and walk-in shower, and great soundproofing, all in an artful combination, providing homey comfort away from home.
- Dining experience is supberb. Its 2-story French colonial-style restaurant offers the town's finest Khmer and Asian cuisine, along with a nice selection of wine and drinks.
- French and English-speaking clients being their major customers, its 100-some staff are attentive and well-trained, promising you a stay of all ease possible.
Located in Sok San Road, Grand Champei was open in 2018 and has soon become Booking.com's top choice for budget travelers. Room price starts from USD35 per night yet the services and experience excel beyond: free airport pickup, abundant choices for breakfast, short distance to downtown and Angkor Wat, spacious rooms with private balcony, two swimming pools, and helpful staff.
Why It's Good for Travelers on a Budget:
- Free airport pickup, cycling trip, and resonably-priced add-on services, all promise a stay of awesome value. Not to mention their special package deals for longer stay.
- Big rooms with soft beds, good for two-person trips. Although no extra bed is available, price for an extra room is just the same as an extra bed in other hotels .
- Besides its restaurant serving Khmer, Asian, and international food, Old Market and Pub Street that are just a stone's throw away invite you to a wider dining fare.
Wat Bo area is a quiet neighborhood that is not far away from the town center and Viroth's Hotel is a French colonial-style romantic retreat set at a small corner surrounded by tropical trees. Brightly decorated rooms face to the swimming pool and garden; the private patio brings good chillout. Along with special services for couples, such as couple's massage and special set dinner, this adult-only resort is known for great French cuisine, classy design, and top notch spa treatments.
Why It's Good for Romantic Couples:
- The minimum check-in age is 18, this adult-only retreat is quieter and more sophisticated for romantic trips. That being said, if you change your mind of staying in all day, the famous Pub Street lies only 10 minutes away by walking.
- 35 rooms and suites are modernly-equipped plus great soundproofing and private patio that enhance your relaxation and intimacy.
- Viroth's has been Siem Reap's top French restaurant and its hotel collection extends the gourmet delight in a romantic setting: 1950's style and Khmer art pieces for indoor dining, lush setting and vertical gardens for poolside, al-fresco meals.
- Besides free airport transfer by vintage limousine, couples would enjoy their special packages for couples staying for over 3 nights, including spa treatment, set-menu dinner, turndown service, early check-in and late check-out, tuk tuk ride, free cocktail and fruits, and other plus services. (* Subject to hotel policy)
1km from town center, Taphul Village is a quiet and safe local community and here you can find more hotels with family rooms and family-friendly services; Mane Village Suites is one of the best. This new all-suite hotel is a new comer in town but it knows how to create happy memories for families: two-bedroom suites with a kicthen set, extra-large bed, seperate shower and toilet, children-friendly TV channels and babysitting service, and, most importantly, awesome price for family of over 3 person.
Why It's Good for Family Trips:
- Taphul Village itself is quiet, safe, and convienent for dining and shopping, you can get everything you need here, plus a quieter night away from the chaos of downtown. You and your children will be well-relaxed after a day of sightseeing.
- The 148sqm two-bedroom suite is ideal for family of 4, coming along with sitting area, extra-large beds, seperate shower and toilet, a kicten set, and a 40-inch smart TV and iPod dock. Price starts from USD150/night and that's merely USD40 per person.
- The hotel provides all services that make your family feel like home: free airport transfer, kids-friendly menus, babysitting services, resonably-priced laundry, bike rental, tour booking, and discounts on spa treatments.
- Its restaurant mainly serves international and Khmer cuisine, if your kids want some icecream, Luckymall Supermarket, Night Market, and Pub Street are all within walking distance.
Start Planning Your Trip to Cambodia
Contact an expert in Cambodia that will support you 1-1 from the initial chat, itinerary design, and even on the trip.