Different Focuses ...
- If this is your first time to Asia and only want a taste of the world wonder of Angkor Wat, a short trip of 4 days should be enough.
- Phnom Penh and Siem Reap are the two biggest destinations, a 5-day stay is a great extension trip.
- For more seasoned travelers who would like to see more of the country, usually spend 10 to 14 days exploring Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Battambang or a beach.
Best Destinations and Time Needed
While everybody's holiday is limited, time should always be spent on the blue chips.
If you only visit Cambodia once and only one place, then it must be Siem Reap.
- Time Needed: 4 days
- Highlights: Angkor Wat Complex, floating villages on Tonle Sap Lake, quad-biking, cycling, hiking and outdoor activities
- Transportation: 40min by air or 10hr by bus from Phnom Penh; internationally connected with Bangkok, Singapore, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur and etc.
This remote city still keeps its old way of living, including riding on a bamboo train.
- Time Needed: 2 days
- Highlights: Bamboo train ride, fishing villages, eco tours, Bat Caves, Phnom Sampeau (Killing Caves)
- Transportation: Overland driving from Siem Reap takes 3 hours, 7 hours from Phnom Penh or 6 hours by train.
You can enter Cambodia passing Phnom Penh yet the city is worthy for travelers and history buffs.
- Time Needed: 2 days
- Highlights: Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda, Killing Fields and S21 Museum, colonial area and street art
- Transportation: 6-hour boat from the Mekong Delta in Vietnam; daily flights from other Asian capitals and Doha and Dubai; border-crossing from Thailand and Laos.
Beachs in Cambodia are definitely not the finest in Asia but woud be a nice change of scene.
- Time Needed: 3 Days
- Highlights: Beaches of Kep, Koh Rong, Sihanoukville and Ream National Park
- Transportation: Sihanoukville has flights between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap; other beaches can only be reached long driving from the capital.
Discover the Best within Limited Time
There are more places in Cambodia that are worthy your time. Let us know how much time and money you want to spend in Cambodia and what's most important experience you'd include, and we will work out a smart plan for you. Talk to our team anytime!
Start Planning Your Trip to Cambodia
Contact an expert in Cambodia that will support you 1-1 from the initial chat, itinerary design, and even on the trip.