Features of our Romantic Picks
- Great locations to get around yet enough away from the noise.
- Views of scenery, a garden, or boutique charm, that's a perfect blend for those who'd prefer an otherworldly experience yet would also stick to comfort.
- Guilin isn't a luxury focused destination, you'll find value in these recommended hotels.
5 Romantic Hotels for Couples in the Guilin & Yangshuo Area
No matter where you are headed, bustling downtown of Guilin, picturesque Yangshuo or Longsheng for a great hike, we've got some picks for you!
Set on the bank of the Li River at the east tip of Guilin city, Shangri-La Hotel Guilin is an all-time ideal pick for the upper market. Not exactly centrally-located, however, a 10-minute drive to downtown, 50-minute to the airport still tops its location. Tastefully decorated in traditional Chinese style, rooms with view and comfortable facilities as well as some plus-up services fit our idea of a more sophisicated and relaxing vacation, especially for the well-traveled.
- A bit away from the city center but you got all the neccessary things: good food at the hotel, mind-reminding views, easy transfer and relaxing riverside walks.
- 84sqm/904sqf room of luxury and awesome river view, Executive King Suite with Club Access is our pick of confidence, coming with complimentary access to the Horizon Club Lounge and great soundproofing for a sweet dream.
- Heated swimming pool, nice Western, Chinese and Singaporean cuisines served at the cafe and restaurant. Its couples spa earns extra points.
Address:: 111 Huan Cheng Bei Er Lu, Qixing, Guilin
Without a doubt, Aroma Tea House is an oasis in the bustling downtown. Centrally-located yet away from the noise, this lovely property creates beautiful memories for couples yearning for a break. Besides a cozy stay in their stylish rooms, you can also enjoy bunch of special services including free tour at their private museum and tea ceremony.
- Ideally located at the heart of Guilin, by the lakeside of the vast water system (Two Rivers & Four Lakes), easy to move around yet quietly tucked in woods. What we love about it is the nice night walk by the lake shore.
- We always recommend Antique Room for our guests as it's spacious, brightly lit and housing pieces of antiques from the Ming and Qing dynasties. Its world-class sleeping and soundproof system is a warrant for sweet dreams.
- Plus-up services include free English tours at its private museum, bush painting, calligraphy class, private cooking session and Tai Chi lessons. And we wouldn't miss out the mind-relaxing tea ceremony at its gallery.
Address: No.9 Ronghu Nan Road, Xiangshan, Guilin
An old sugar mill had a major makeover. The designer of Alila Yangshuo cast his magic creation and turned this factory into a retro retreat for lovebirds and travelers in general. Slightly strayed away from town center (read: West Street), it's hidden in the woods and wrapped by rolling mountains. Nothing suits better to a romantic getaway than a cool dip in its signature swimming pool with mountain reflection or a rejuvenating couples spa.
- Set by the riverbank, 15 minutes of driving to the West Street, most of our past guests consider it as a perfect balance of action and quietness.
- 55sqm/592sqf of modest luxury and expectional comfort, Sugar King House Retreat is a go-to choice for couples. Seperate dining area with view outside the patio's French window, soft bed and sofa, are all inviting for a romantic holiday.
- On-site restaurant and cafe serve Chinese, American and Singaporean cuisines and most travelers rate their coffee as superb. Couples massage, spa treatment and the infinity pool complete your idea of a romantic vacation.
Address: No. 102 Dongling Road, 541900 Yangshuo
This delightful property welcome its first guests in 2012 and has been renovated with some new facilities for twice, making itself an ideal choice for those looking for a cozy stay among the karst surroundings by the Yulong River. 10 minutes to drive to the bustling West Street or you may take the hotel's bike within 20 minutes along the country trail. Spacious rooms, restaurant serving decent western menu with a sweeping mountainous view, friendly staff speaking good English, what more could you ask?
- 1.5hrs from Guilin city, close to the Yulong River where you can either take a relaxing raft ride or go hiking. Easy reach to all the action in the West Street yet you can still retreat in its tranquilness.
- Most of our past guests enjoyed their time in Double Room with Spa, a hottub is just comforting after a day of excitement. 50sqm/538sqft room in bright traditional decor comes with a wide patio right to the mountainous countryside.
- Travelers rated its breakfast as fabulous and we think the view is a bonus to its delicacies. Swimming pool amoung the karst limestones. Formerly tour guides, the two owners know exactly how to train the staff to deliver western-standard services.
Address: No.212 Xiatang Village, Baisha Town, Yangshuo, Guilin
Located near the famous Jingkeng Rice Terraces (Longji), this lovely family-run hotel offers more beyond its modest scale. An easy access to the sunrise viewing point or you can just do that on your balcony facing the valley. Not many hotels in Longsheng, or in Guilin for that matter, own a swimming pool and this does. A swimming pool, modest fitness center, and sometimes night entertainments at the lobby are the reasons to stay in, especially during rainy days.
- 100km/62mi from the airport, located in Dazhai Village, home to the Yao people and run by a Yao family. Yao-style cuisine along with western menu are both available. Some reviews rate its coffee as "superb".
- 40sqm/430sqf room with a balcony facing the valley, Double Room with Mountain View is our recommendation for couples. Enough privacy with the high fence, soft beds and bright decoration. Heated toilet in the private bathroom is also a plus.
- Besides a good hike along the mountain ridge, you can have breakfast or a nice coffee on the balcony or go dipping in the swimming pool (mountain spring water). Ideal for stay of 2 to 3 nights.
Address: Dazhai Village heping Township,Longsheng, Guilin
Most of our tours are operated with great flexibility, providing enough leisure time for your romantic getaway. Drop us an email and kick start today!