Escape to Yangon, Bagan & Inle Lake
7 days soaking up in Myanmar's best
We usually encourage our guests and friends to stay in Myanmar as long as possible since it's a country that can not be rushed by. Nevertheless, we have hand-picked the best things to do for people with only 7 days here.
Why You'll Love This Trip
- Making the most of your time, this can either be a one-week trip or just an extra leg to any trips.
- Places that only we know, such as the best locations for sunrise and sunset in Bagan.
- Talking to the Burmese always reminds us of something pure and innocent, which is also the feeling we'd like to bring to you.
Myanmar Escape: 7 Days in Yangon, Bagan & Inle Lake
This tour is designed based on our travels and only the sites and experiences that excite us are written down. However, review it as a suggestion and it can be customized to your own taste.
After breakfast, your private tour guide and driver will pick you up setting off for a fun ride on Yangon’s vintage circular train. As the primary transportation means for the locals, interesting encounters of different types of people in morning commute can be expected. Instead of finishing the entire journey of 3 hours, we will hop off at one local market. Wander around the vibrant market and your driver will meet you at the other end.
Enjoy a buffet lunch at Shangri-La Sure and then you will walk into the Sule Pagoda sitting at the very heart of Yangon. Learn about some hidden stories about it during several political rallies.
Walk along the colonial district and you will take a break at The Strand’s Cafe with its traditional English high tea service.
As the dusk approaches, you will be taken to Shwedagon Pagoda. Sunset is always the best viewing time and you will see a lot of locals doing their evening rituals and prayers.
Return to your hotel.
- This 7-day trip doesn't include any pickup or hotel in Yangon. You may attache it to any trip or let us know if you need the entry services.
Day-02 Yangon to Bagan (by air)
Make your way to Bagan. Transfer to your hotel and free at leisure.
- Nothing is arranged for this afternoon. However, your private tour guide and driver are always at your service. You may be interested in watching sunset and your private tour guide knows some secluded pagodas where you can get the best view possible.
- Gatsby's hotel recommendation: Aureum Palace Hotel & Resort, awesome view of the pagodas over its infinity pool.
Day-03 Bagan Early Morning Balloon-Watching
Rise up early and you will be taken to a pagoda with great view of balloons floating up to the sky. Sunlight is just perfect for great photos.
Return to your hotel for breakfast and a short break.
Set off again on electric bike to ride among the pagodas and temples. Some of them are abandoned and your tour guide will pick a handful for you to visit. There are some less-visited ones with hallways unblocked and now you can release your inner Indian Jones.
Take a private boat on the Irrawaddy River to watch the sunset, a perfect ending to the day.
- Launch sites of the balloons change every day due to wind direction. Central part of the plains would be the best location for viewing no matter where they are set off.
- We recommend electric bikes over ox cart, as the ox cart will stir up the dirt and we wouldn't want you to be in the dust.
Day-04 Bagan Exploration
In the morning, you may take a balloon flight if interested.
For today, your exploration will also be around the pagodas on Bagan plains and villages nearby. We will invite some villagers and local monks (or novices) to accompany you and model for you. Sites and photography times will be advised.
After nightfall, you will venture to the pagodas again while some major pagodas are lit up brightly.
- Balloon flights are only avalable during November to early March due to the weather. Advanced booking of at least 2 months is strongly advised.
Day-05 Bagan to Inle Lake (by air)
Take an early morning flight to Heho, the airport town of Inle Lake. Transfer to your hotel by the lakeside and relax till afternoon.
A late afternoon boat ride takes you to a local family in a floating village. Get into their house and learn about their daily life. On your way back to the hotel, you can get a glance at the locals’ brilliant handiwork: the floating gardens. Fishermen rowing boats with only one leg can also make some great photos. Special modeling is available, too.
- Inle Lake is much cooler than other areas in Myanmar throughout the year. It can be raining during early morning and late afternoon. A light wind blocker is neccessary for boat rides.
- Gatsby's hotel recommendation: Pristine Lotus Resort Inle, boat house by the water, wide-open vistas of the lake.
Day-06 Inle Lake at Leisure
Day-07 Inle Lake Departure
Start Planning Your Trip to Myanmar
Contact an expert in Myanmar that will support you 1-1 from the initial chat, itinerary design, and even on the trip.