Honeymoon in Myanmar
Creating romantic memories together
Locals lighting up candles at Shwedagon Pagoda, catch the first sun ray in Bagan and boat around the beautiful Inle Lake before you unwind on the sandy beach of Ngapali, how does all this sound for a romantic trip?
Why You'll Love This Trip
- An exotic land like Myanmar is always a perfect pitch for romantic trips if you are looking for somewhere to be disconnected from the mundane.
- Yangon, Bagan, Inle Lake and Ngapali Beach are all packed up, delivering the best experiences that Myanmar offers for adventurers.
- Affordable luxury experiences to make every day special, nice hotels, private transfer and guides, plus some special dinner plans.
- Not just any ordinary trip to Myanmar, exclusive activities such as Mandalay - Bagan cruise and MergUi exploration, are arranged only for you.
Only for the Two of You: 17-Day Myanmar Honeymoon
This tour is designed based on our travels and only the sites and experiences that excite us are written down. However, review it as a suggestion and it can be customized to your own taste.
Day-01 Mandalay Arrival
Flying into Mandalay and get your passports stamped. Our friendly local guide and driver will escort you to a nice hotel in downtown Mandalay. Chill out for the rest of today.
- Gatsby's hotel choice: Hotel by the Red Canal, Mandalay, elegant hotel with a historical touch and their Indian cuisine is known widely
- Mandalay is connected with Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Kunming by many regular flights daily.
- Free time idea: get up to the top of Mandalay Hill and watch the city sinking into night slowly.
Day-02 Mandalay Impression
After breakfast, you will get inside the world’s largest book - Kuthodaw Pagoda with its countless white chambers shining brightly under the sun.
Venturing out of town, you will reach Mahagandayon Pagoda right in time for the monks’ lunch: also the last meal of the day for these monks and nuns from all over town.
In the afternoon, we will visit the beautiful white pagoda in Mingun: Hsinbyume Pagoda, which makes an iconic photo of little novices in red robes leaping over the stairs.
On the way back to Mandalay, you will stop by U Bein Bridge, rowing a private boat at sunset. Kick back with a cold drink and watch the sun sets down to the water.
Day-03 Mandalay to Bagan (by one-night cruise)
After breakfast, your private tour guide and driver will escort you to Sagaing pier where you board the cruise at 1000am. After a welcome cocktail the boat will sail off downstream to Bagan. Enjoy a sumptuous lunch with the riverside views.
In the afternoon, you will have a guided excursion to the village of Yandabo Village, known for the the peace treaty of the First Anglo-Burmese war was signed on Feb. 24, 1826. Back to your cabin on the cruise and enjoy a peaceful night on the Irrawaddy River.
- Gatsby’s curies choice: RV Irrawaddy Voyager 2 with Deluxe Cabin
- Most cruise companies don’t offer pier transfer. We got it covered for you. It takes about 40 minutes to get to Sagaing pier in the morning.
The gentle flow weaves down and you will reach Bagan in the morning. Anchor down near a riverfront village and take a saunter to their morning market.
After a gorgeous sunrise near Bagan, you will disembark from Bagan's pier, where our private tour guide and driver will pick you up and transfer you to the hotel.
Enjoy some free time to chill out.
In late afternoon, you will start out to Bagan's temples by an E-bike. Driving among the pagodas and temples along with the setting sun brings you into a real-world adventure.
You will be led to one of our secret sunset viewing spots to enjoy the view with some cold drinks and snacks.
- Gatsby's hotel choice: The Hotel @ Therabar Gate with big swimming pool, easiest access to Bagan temple complex and beautiful Deluxe Room for your stay.
- The best time for Mandalay - Bagan cruise falls during October to mid-December. Alternatively, you can also fly to Bagan from Mandalay.
Day-05 to 06 Bagan Exploration
Day-07 Bagan to Inle Lake (by air)
Take a mid-day flight to Inle Lake.
You will totally soak up in the highland breeze once breathe in Inle Lake's fresh air. Driving for one hour to get to your hotel by the lakeside.
Free at leisure for the rest of today.
- Gatsby's hotel choice: Inle Princess Resort with intamacy and romance in every detail, exquisite Lake House facing directly to the peaceful lake.
- A complimentary couple massage is included at your resort. Spend this afternoon to relax your body and mind, followed by a romantic dinner at the resort's restaurant.
Day-08 Boating in Inle Lake
Boating is the only means that gets you to anywhere in Inle Lake. After breakfast, you will be rowing to visit a floating market. Market days follow a 5-day rotation and market is hosted by 5 different villages around the lakeshore. At the market you will see locals trading their home-grown vegetables and home-made handicrafts, what an interesting view!
After lunch at a floating restaurant, you will be invited to a private house where the housewife will demonstrate the traditional art of lotus fiber weaving.
On the way back to your resort, we will pass by some floating gardens and villages, chance to spot the skillful fishermen comtroling their boats using only one leg.
Day-10 Inle Lae to Ngapali Beach (by air)
Take a morning flight to Ngapali Beach. The flight will arrive in Thandwe Airport within 2 hours. Transfer to your beachside hotel and enjoy the rest of today free at leisure.
- Gatsby's hotel choice: Deluxe Villa with Pool View at Hilton Ngapali Resort & Spa, world-class luxury services just perfect for a romantic stay.
- Your itinerary will be adjusted when Ngapali Beach is shut down during the monsoon season.
Day-11 Mergui Adventure (by private boat)
As a new destination that’s just open to travelers, Mergui is a pristine virgin ocean with a group of small islands in remarkable preservation. Today you will be picked up at the hotel and transfer to the pier.
Sail off to the ocean and reach Done Waterfall that cascades down to the ocean. Climb up to get a great view and then go for lunch at the humble fishing village of Done Nyaung Mine Village. Your seafood lunch will be prepared by the friendly host.
In the afternoon, go for a cool dip in Smart Island before you sail back to mainland with amazing sunset view over the sea.
- For today’s sailing, we will have a private charter boat just for you two. Fresh seasonal fruits and drinks will be served onboard and upon your arrival at the village restaurant.
- This day trip is subject to change due to unpredictable weather reason.
Day-15 Ngapali Beach to Yangon (by air)
Fly towards Myanmar's biggest city, the former capital, Yangon.
Transfer to hotel upon arrival and free to explore the nearby areas.
- Gatsby's hotel choice: lovers on romantic getaways always love the services at Sule Shangri-La Yangon, their buffet lunch, spacious room and great leisure options cater for a perfect ending to your trip in Myanmar.
- Free time ideas: Explore the Little India and Chinatown at night.
Day-16 Yangon at a Glance
The first thing of today is a visit at Sule Pagoda. Besides being one of the most important reglious sites in Yangon, it also serves as a primary gathering point during many significant historical events.
From Yangon Central Railway Station, you will ride with the locals outside of downtown. Explore the rail track markets and views along the journey.
On the way back to downtown, you will stop by Aung San Suu Kyi's House, learning about her life for Myanmar's democracy and stories of her marrigae and personal life. A nice lunch is served at the artful venue of Rangon Tea House, a nice place for both Burmese cuisine and indie art.
Walk around Colonial Area and discover stories behind every building, followed by an afternoon high tea at The Strand's.
Here comes the sunset and you will visit Shwedagon Pagoda, where the locals are to fiish their last prayers of the day. Wrap up today with a romantic dinner at a rooftop restaurant overlooking the gleaming pagoda.
Start Planning Your Trip to Myanmar
Contact an expert in Myanmar that will support you 1-1 from the initial chat, itinerary design, and even on the trip.