The Hotels in Mandalay ...
- Most are fairly mediocre with not much to surprise you. Good enough for a couple of nights, though. Plus, the rooms are bigger than the hotels in Yangon and Bagan.
- Hotels of more than 50 rooms often cater to big groups and we’d prefer something in smaller scale and more personal services.
- Most hotels are around the Royal Palace in downtown, some boutique hotels can be found by Mandalay Hill. For a short stay, we suggest downtown for better mobility.
5 Best Hotels in Mandalay
Mandalay itself is somehow devoid of the old and innocent ambiance that you can feel in other places. It’s more like a modern commercial city in its early stage. We are going for those hotels with the best value possible. Check out our picks and why you will love them.
Eastern Palace was open in 2015 as a large-scale leisure/business property set at the heart of Mandalay, with Mandalay Palace located nearby. Its 115 rooms and suites are fully-equipped with modern facilities and international standard services make it an ideal starting point or final destination of your trip.
Why Good for Travelers in General:
- Its central location makes it easy to roam around the city in your free time; Shwenandaw Monastery is 10 minutes away by walking, Mandalay Palace is 20 minutes, and many restaurants nearby.
- For a short stay of 2 days, room price starting from USD40 per room is an awesome deal considering its location and services.
- Room footage starting from 40sqm / 430sqft, children under 12 years old are free of charge to use an existing bed, great food and coffee served, wholesome leisure facilities, attentive staff speaking good English,-- it has everything that you need in a mid-range hotel.
Gatsby's Room of Choice: Deluxe Room with Balcony
Address: No.(66-A), 19th Street, Between 57th & 58th Street, 11111 Mandalay, Myanmar
Website: Eastern Palace Hotel
Recently taken over by Mercure, the originally resort by Mandalay Hill is still keeping up with its reputation for good services and nice views. Within 1km, you can beat most travelers in the early morning to Mahamuni Pagoda for the intriguing face-washing ritual. Rooms above the 5th floor provide tremendous views of the city and Mandalay Hill. Bigger footage than other hotels in the same ranking.
Why Good for Upmarket Travelers:
- The former 4-star resort has been renovated and run under AccorHotels with higher level of service standards; rooms are newly decorated with facility upgrades for better comfort.
- Good soundproofing and rooms with balcony ensure your privacy and leisure time after a day of sightseeing. Viewsofthe city and Mandalay Hill, plus puppet show and traditional dance during the high season add up the charm.
- Not exactly in downtown, however, it's closer to the nearby ancient towns with short driving. Getting to downtown only takes 10 minutes by car, too.
- Most travelers rate the hotel's food and coffee as superb; nearby you can get more international dining fares and explore the neighborhood. Its spa center is one of the best in town.
Gatsby's Room of Choice: Corner Deluxe Room
Address: No.(9) Kwin (416-b) 10st, at the foot of Mandalay Hill, 11232 Mandalay, Myanmar
Website: Mercure Mandalay Hill Resort
Thiri Thitsar is situated just in front of Mandalay Palace and close to many nice restaurants and a lovely neighborhood. Open in 2018 and it has soon become Booking.com's winner of value. Reputation is well-deserved: a stone away to plenty of downtown attractions, bright rooms with moderate yet sufficient facilities, an outdoor pool, as well as authentic Chinese and Burmese cuisine.
Why Good for Travelers on a Budget:
- As ideal as its location is, room price of Thiri Thitsar is only 1/3 of hotels at the same ranking and location, starting from USD30 per night.
- You get more than you pay for: new and big rooms with soft beds and a private balcony (in selected rooms), friendly services, good food and coffee, low prices for airport transfers and add-on services, amazing value of money for a short stay.
- If you plan on exploring Mandalay on your own, the hotel offers great deals for day trips and car rental; optionally, a walking tour inside the city gets you to Mandalay Palace, Shwenandaw Monastery, Sandamuni Pagoda, Cultural Museum, Mintha Theatre, and other sites within merely a day.
Gatsby's Room of Choice: Executive Room
Address: Corner of 22nd & 64th Street, Aung Myay Thar Zan Township, Mandalay, Mandalay, Myanmar
Website: Thiri Thitsar Hotel Mandalay
If Mandalay is the last destination of your Myanmar trip, why don't you indulge yourselves a bit? Hilton Mandalay, sitting in the city center surrounded by a lake and lush trees is definitely a romantic oasis. Its sophisticated services, blended with moderate luxury taste, and an excellent location make it hard to say no if you are looking for some days relaxing up in the graceful city of Mandalay.
Why Good for Couples:
- This time-honored brand has adapted traditional Burmese arts and philosophy into its facilities and services, bringing you a cozy stay in a romantic setting.
- Rooms are perfectly soundproofed, soft extra-large bed, modernly-equipped bathroom, and separate sitting area, ideal to chill. Rooms at the north wing come with amazing views of Mandalay Hill.
- Besides international cuisine served in its five on-site dining venues, a wider range of restaurants within walking distance is also the hotel's unique selling point.
- Members of AAA/CAA/AARP are provided with great deals and special offers for romantic getaways that may include room upgrade, special diner, airport transfers or spa services (* subject to hotel policy) are a come-on bonus, too.
Gatsby's Room of Choice: Executive Room at the north wing
Address: No.1, Junction of 26th & 66th st, Chan Aye Tharzan, 11121 Mandalay, Myanmar
Website: Hilton Mandalay
Built in 2017 and open in 2018, Hotel Apex Mandalay has soon been the town’s limelight for leisure and business travelers. Besides being situated at the heart of Mandalay, it boasts spacious rooms, great lighting, classical decoration, and a homey atmosphere. American food provides a quick fix for kids craving for a burger or ice cream.
Why Good for Families:
- If you are traveling with two kids, it's not easy to find a hotel where your family could stay in one room. However, Apex offers Rooms accommodate up to 2 adults and 2 children
- Staying in, the rooms are quiet for a good night's sleep and swimming pool is available; getting out, the hotel's free bikes and easy walking to the famous Mandalay Marionettes Theater and some markets creates a fun family day in downtown Mandalay.
- Children under 10 years old stay free of charge using one exisiting bed and extra bed only costs USD15 per night, the lowest rate in town. For a room for 4 persons, price of USD20 per person is unbeatable, too. Connecting rooms are available. Other additional services, such as babysitting, laundry, and kids menu, are reasonably-priced.
Gatsby's Room of Choice: Apex Deluxe Room or Junior Suite
Address: 35th Street, Between: 58th & 59th Streets, Chan Aye Thar Zan Twonship, Mandalay, Myanmar
Website: Hotel Apex Mandalay
Start Planning Your Trip to Myanmar
Contact an expert in Myanmar that will support you 1-1 from the initial chat, itinerary design, and even on the trip.