Inle Lake's Best Hotels & Resorts
Ideal places to stay at the end of your Myanmar trip
Nyaungshwe and the lakeside are where the hotels and resorts are situated. For a real holiday, you should stay by the lakeshore for sure. We have 6 best options for your value and comfort.
What to Expect from Hotels in Inle Lake
- Hotels are located in 3 distinct areas:
- Heho: the airport town
- Nyaungshwe: the commercial hub
- Inle Lake: where the lakeside offers better experiences.
- More local-run boutique resorts than international brands. Your stay will actually help the locals.
- Air-conditioning is not exactly a must as Inle Lake is always cooler than other parts of Myanmar all-year-round due to the altitude. Focus more on facilities such as beds, views, and on-site restaurants, especially if you're by the lake.
- Imagine yourself relaxing after the heat of Bagan or the hikes in the hills and exploring the stilted lake villages by private boat, or taking in the view over the lake, suddenly a 3-night stay becomes a must.
6 Best Hotels & Exceptional Experiences in Inle Lake
Well, sometimes it can be a real problem to have way too many choices. Inle Lake is the case. From budget-friendly guesthouse with nice cottages and delicious food to high-end resort presenting the best lake views, every hotel has its own unique selling points that promise you an exceptional experience. Where to stay? No need to sweat, though. We have tried a bunch of hotels and resorts around the region. We have 6 best options both good by the lakeside and in Nyaungshwe.
1. All-Time: Inle Resort - Lakefront, Personal Services
The lake-front resort is set at Inle Lake's east point, boasting for unobtrusive and personal services in a tranquil surrounding. Their over-water villas and garden-set rooms are spacious and built in unique Burmese royal style. Extensive menus of international cuisine is a good reason to dine in while the neighborhood is lovely to walk around.
Why It's Our All-Time Favorite:
- Its lake-front setting brings a delightful introduction for first-timers in Inle Lake.
- Personal and attentive services are provided by a team who's served in international hotels in Yangon and Mandalay for years.
- Firstly open in 2005 and recently renovated in 2014, rooms are good for travelers in general, families, and couples.
- Being a responsible hotel, they work along with local communities for organic product supplies and lake protection.
Gatsby's Insider Tips:
- Photo identification is required at check-in.
- Room supply runs tight during the peak season and a 2-month ahead booking is advised.
- Cottage and Villa offer views of the lake or pond.
Address: Inlay Lake, Nyaung Shwe T/S, Southern Shan State, Myanmar
Website: Inle Resort & Spa
2. Luxury: Sofitel - New, Inle Lake in Miniature & Good Food
Upmarket travelers, especially fans of Sofitel, are bestowed a newly-open retreat in the humble village of Thalae Oo and Ywama. Its 101 suites are elegantly decorated with a blend of French and Burmese styles. Covering a wide range of floating gardens and rice fields, this luxury property brings you a miniature of the authentic idyllic life of Inle Lake while refined living and leisure delights are expected.
Why It's Our Pick for Upmarket Travelers:
- Another masterpiece of Sofitel's signature luxury blended with local lifestyles, offering deluxe experience in the exotic land of Myanmar.
- Located on the eastern shore, close to Ywama Village, which is one of the main hosts for the famous 5-day market, it's easy to make your own exploration in nearby villages and the lake.
- Kwee Zeen and The Roots offer international cuisine and the French flair is top-notch; fine dining experience is created at Elements Bar. Special dinners and menus are available.
- Bright, elegant, modernly-appointed, spacious, and quiet, all rooms come with large balconies with views of the lake and mountains.
- An ideal leisure retreat includes a lakeside infinity pool, world-class spa center, and a golf course is within short distance.
Gatsby's Insider Tips:
- It can be noisy in the early morning when boats are setting off from the nearby villages but the hotel offers ear plugs.
- Their bathroom facilities include an outdoor shower and indoor bathtub, both are great for relaxing. A bidet is also included.
- The hotel offers free boat ride from the jetty to the property. (* Subject to hotel policy)
Address: Thalae Oo Village Inle Lake, 140102 Ywama, Myanmar
Website: Sofitel Inle Lake Myat Min
3. Mid-Range: Villa Inle - Intimate, Eco-Friendly & Great Value
Villa Inle Boutique Resort is a full-blow decent choice for mid-range travelers for good reasons: located on the eastern fringe of the lake, all villas are nicely-decorated and renovated 3 years ago, 2 on-site dining venues, and interesting activities provided exclusively by the resort. If you are yearning for an escape and immerse experience costing within USD100 per night, this is your best bet.
Why It's Good for Mid-Range Travelers:
- Everything you need at a friendly price and something beyond expectations, such as free bike, extensive menus, bigger rooms, and hands-on activities.
- More intimacy and attentive services, the resort deliberately keeps the number of villas to a minimum while well-trained staff of over 30 cater to all aspects of your needs.
- This reward-winning resort is especially ideal for young couples; a winner of The Romantic Tourist.
- Their specially-arranged tours and activities attribute to local communities and orphans.
Gatsby's Insider Tips:
- Their rooms are larger than most hotels in the area; Up to two children under 6 years stay free of charge when using existing beds and baby cot is free of charge.
- On their day trip to Maing Thauk Village, you can request for an extra leg to the interesting meditation center near Dala Bin Village.
- Special offer for 3-night stays includes free round-trip airport transfer, one guided tour, free mini-bar, two tickets to Red Mountain Vineyard for wine tasting, and one set-menu dinner.
Address: Inle Lake, Nyaung Shwe Township, 11411 Nyaung Shwe, Myanmar
Website: Villa Inle Boutique Resort
4. Budget: Hupin - Town Center, Lake View & Low Prices
It's not impossible to get a scenic room floating over the lake at a price of less than USD40, and Hupin Inle Khaung Daing Village Resort is the right place to go. Located in Khaung Daing Village, this middle-scale resort offers traditionally-constructed overwater rooms and one on-site restaurant, both of which boast for mind-soothing views of the lake or the rolling mountains.
Why It's Recommended for Travelers on a Budget:
- Modest 3-star facility, it's probably the only hotel offers lake-facing floating rooms under USD40.
- Location is ideally for outdoor fans, and the area is particularly popular for canoing and hiking.
- For bigger groups, it's even better to book two rooms since one extra bed costs the same as a room.
- Dining options include international and Burmese. It's within walking distance to local markets and restaurants in town.
Gatsby's Insider Tips:
- It serves for big international travel groups and it's tend to be noisy during the peak season.
- All rooms are in American standard size while the Deluxe Cottage in the front row facing the lake is an awesome pick for travelers in general and families.
Address: Khaung Daing Village, Nyaung Shwe Township, Southern Shan State, 11221 Nyaung Shwe, Myanmar
Website: Hupin Hotel & Resort
5. Couples: Amata Garden - Sunset View, Nice Rooms & Prices
Hemmed by emerald green Shan Hills and overlooking the vast lake, Amata Garden Resort on the eastern bank of Inle Lake presents a tranquil escape for couples who are looking for a moment in pristine nature and mind-soothing stay. The lush garden setting is inviting and its rooms are all well-equipped with modern facilities and a private balcony. Being close to Ywama Village and the floating pagoda of Phaung Daw Oo, it's easy to get around albeit its excellent soundproofing rooms give you a quiet night.
Why It's Great for Couples:
- Full-scale services include 2 on-site dining venues, spa center and gym, cozy rooms, and friendly staff, all at a price of less than USD80 per night.
- The only high-rise 3-story hotel in the region, amazing views of the lake and mountains come as a bonus and many guests have rated Superb for the sunset view.
- Staff all have at lest 5 years of serving at international hotels, professional and friendly services make you feel welcome.
Gatsby's Insider Tips:
- A property under Amata Group that also owns Oriental Balloons over Bagan, Ngapali Beach, and Inle Lake. Special promotions are available (* Subject to hotel policy).
- The hotel can be reached by a boat ride of 20 minutes and you might get wet. Don't worry, the staff will help you warm up later.
- The hotel offers great prices for boat trips around Inle Lake and Indein. Cycling trip or walking in the nearby villages are pretty delightful, too.
Address: Ingyin Gone Village ,Tha Lae Oo Village Group ,Eastern Side of Inle Lake ,Nyaung Shwe, 11131 Ywama, Myanmar
Website: Amata Garden Resort, Inle Lake
6. Family: Novotel - Room for 4-Person Family, Kids-Friendly
Located in the lovely village of Myat Min by the entrance to the lake, Novotel Inle Lake Myat Min is moderate in scale and catered more for family holidays. All rooms and suites are designed for family of 4. Continuously generated Novotel's philosophy of relaxing and cozy living, guests can kick back by its scenic infinity pool or at the restaurant offering all-day dinning of Asian and European cuisines. For adults, time to relax your body with a yoga session or sooth your mind at the spa center.
Why It's a Better Choice for Families:
- Room footage is ample enough for families, we recommend Villa with Lake View - built over the water, spacious interior with separate living area and bedroom, plus a balcony facing the lake. Room price starts from USD90 per night.
- Children might not be as adaptable to local cuisine as adults, Novotel's delicately prepared international cuisine and kids-friendly menus offers a quick solution.
- Its location is slightly off the main road and the major river canals, ensuring your sleep quality.
Gatsby's Insider Tips:
- The hotel has its own jetty for boat excursions, which are also reasonably-priced.
- Members of Le Club AccorHotels members enjoy the perks of MyKids or MyGlass packages, awesome value for longer stay of over 3 nights.
- Expected arrival time is required to be informed in advance and they need a photo identification at check-in.
Address: Mine Thauk Village Inle Lake, 11121 Nyaung Shwe, Myanmar
Website: Novotel Inle Lake Myat Min
Kick Back in Inle Lake
Friendly staff, awesome views, fresh and organic food, cozy rooms and mind-easing lake breeze, what more can you ask for a holiday? While making choice is not exactly the pickle itself, booing ahead of time is correspondingly the task, especially during the peak season. Drop us a line if you need any further assistance.
Start Planning Your Trip to Myanmar
Contact an expert in Myanmar that will support you 1-1 from the initial chat, itinerary design, and even on the trip.